Saturday, January 28, 2012

Snow Report: Jan28/12 Trail Groomed







First set of photos are of the side hill that fills in periodically as Kim and Kirby can atest. This is really deep and Shane did an awesome job of grooming last night but he too is worried about that depth. Photo of me looking up it. I wouldn't recommend stopping there. The other photos are of a mini look at what happens with avalanches. That side cut revealed the bramble that is under the snow and the voids that are warm. A bit of load presses down on these voids and cracks propogate and then it slides layer on layer or until it finds the weak layer to let go on. I took a photo so you could see and then extrapolate that out to the alpine areas. Just a little avy lesson.

Beautiful day at -4, lightly snowing and supposed to snow a bit more tomorrow too. Good day to be out riding. Cheers -V

Photos are of B road to the Pipeline staging area from the Inn. Boone and I went out and marked the trail and laid down some tracks. I would sink to my knees when I got off the sled in the trees.

No comments: