Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mar 20/13 - Test Ride the Doo in Rain Gauge

It is snowing - has been all day! Cooper and I headed out to the Test Ride and our trail has 2-3 inches of fresh snow on it and it is in really good shape. I rode the 146 SP and I couldn't stand riding in on the trail (Flathead is groomed by the way). It is narrow and darty but that is super nice in the deeper snow. So you sacrifice on the trail just beware - its to be expected but don't go rippin on your new Doo til you have spent some time going slower and bonding with it. It was really windy up in Rain Gauge but in the trees it was pretty good. There is about 6 inches of fresh on a slippery layer underneath. There were lots of trees getting shook from being hit. Dave and Ty from A&E Racing were there to host. This is a sled I would have to spend some time with because it is completely new riding style and I over crank it all the time. I was so cautious with it because it leans so easily I was afraid of whipping from one tree well to another due to my slow response time. Don't need the throttle as much - it doesn't trench. Easy to get on its side and easy for me to get back upright when I fall over on it! It makes me want to ride better instead of retire. Temp is +2 and snowing steady and supposed to keep daily for a few days. Cheers - V

No comments: