Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mar 6/14 - SNOW DAY

Morning crew, I am sick so I will make this short. We have overnight gotten 10-15cm of snow either from snowfall or blowing or both but its here and its snowing hard enough that I kept the kids home. Pass is still open but my porch has about 8cm of snow on it and visibility is weakening so I am not bothering to hit the hwy til I have to. Plugged in the tractor cause nobody is going anywhere til I blow snow....again. Its -9 and supposed to go to +2 later today. Jeesh! It was +4 and sleeting and melting yesterday - snow got soaked - the kind where you get stuck on the flat, sticky, wet snow - I am sure there were many natural releases yesterday because of it. All the snow came thundering off our roof with the extra weight in the snow. Guests say it was snowing above 6800ft. Tomorrow we are supposed to have more snow/rain maybe and then its predicted to go into the low teens by weeks end. I doubt it will swing that far as they have said that before and it changed daily to come back into the +2/4 range. Read your avy reports - they have really good weather info too. Having a coffee til the tractor warms up again! Cheers - V

No comments: