Friday, March 14, 2014

Mar14/14 - Morning update

Hi, it is +3 and snowing lightly but steady up top and bit here but not below us yet. I have contacted my guests to give them the option to cancel. I am not going to predict what the weather will do to improve or hinder the snowpack over the next week - everyone will just have to watch and wait and check the avy bulletins and blogs for recommendations. I still have groups coming but they simply were flexible enough to adjust their expectations to riding conservative terrain. I would say Heartbreak & Rain Gauge would be hazardous but that Rolling Hills type terrain and trails and Barnes Ranch maybe even Limestone (as it seems to be withstanding the bad year in true consistent form) may be the best options now. If you are okay with making a terrain adjustment then your season is likely not done yet. Most of my guests like to ride the big stuff and that is why I am overly concerned. I am just trying to err on the side of safety and hopefully get everyone really paying attention to conditions. If I have scared you or run you off I apologize. I would say this, you need the equipment and you need to know how to use it. Wade, Chris...if you guys can enjoy your trip without spending time in the usual places then come but otherwise...if your crews won't be happy in meadows and the lower terrain then wait til next winter or better yet - get the summer toys ready and come see us between winters! I will give you an update tonight from the guests here that are riding Rolling Hills today. Cheers - V

No comments: